All that follows is from *here* @ The Feminist Texican. Thank you SO MUCH, Melissa, for compiling all of this!!!!! <3
Wednesday Link Love: Helping Haiti
I’ll keep updating as I go along. If you know of any fundraising events, donation drives, or volunteer opportunities in your area (or anywhere else), please email me, DM me on Twitter, or leave it in the comments and I’ll add it to the list. Thanks!
- NPR: Red Cross has run out of medical supplies
- PIH: Wanted: Surgeons, nurses, and medical personnel to help in Haiti
- NPR: All 3 Doctors without Borders facilities are out of commission
- TPM: Haiti’s Prime Minister: Hundreds Of Thousands Dead
- Vs. the Pomegranate: A History Lesson: Haiti, Guantanamo and Our “Common Humanity”
- TIME: How the U.S. Military Will Help Haiti
- NT Times: Haitians in New York Eager to Help, but Struggle With How
Text your Donation
- American Red Cross: Text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10
- Yele Haiti: Text “YELE” to 501 501 to donate $5
- Vegan bake sales (Portland, NY, LA, SF, DC): See details at the link
- DC Vegetarian (Portland) donating all tips to Mercy Corps on Jan. 14
- Hip Hop and Rock for Haiti Earthquake Survivors Churchills, 5501 NE 2nd Ave. (Miami), 305-761-6843 or 305-467-2087 . Sponsored by United Nations Association of Greater Miami: Local hip-hop artists and rock bands will join with South Florida social justice and interfaith organizations to raise funds for Haiti. There will also be blood donation vehicles.
- The Write Side Poets Cafe (Miami), Friday, January 15, at 8:00pm, 305-297-9247. Accepted donated items: clothing, food, water, supplies, medical supplies, etc.
Donate to orgs sending emergency response teams
Donate to orgs sending emergency aid (money, supplies, etc.)
Donate to orgs based in/focused on Haiti