Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Antimisandry.com: An Introduction

Here's some information about an online community who call themselves "antimisandrists" (people who are opposed to the hatred of men).

The age range of its members is charted here. The entire list of members is listed here (there are seventeen pages of member names with a bit of additional information about each one).

As one reads through the site's many pages, one can see that one of several sore spots for "antimisandrists" is their claim that the degree to which women do harm in the world is not sufficiently reported. They have no facts to back up such claims, however.

From where I stand, I see harm women do to other human beings: white women do harm to women of color; wealthy women do harm to poor women; too many women hurt themselves; white women hurt other white women; women of color hurt women of color; some women hurt children in relationships, but statistically--and in real life, men harm children more often and more severely, including by raping their daughters and other girls; and women are fully capable of being hurtful to men in relationships in many ways, because, as many of the comments at that link express, men are human too.

No post at A Radical Profeminist indicates that men are not human beings or are destructive human beings (collectively) in any innate ways. Unlike many men, for example, I do not agree that rapist men are rapists inevitably or naturally. Every feminist I have ever known has argued against the theories of Randy Thornhill and Craig Palmer--that men are inevitably going to be rapists. Men disagree with the feminist position that men are human beings, capable of being very humane. Men keep insisting, in various ways, or behaving as if "I had no other choice". Why aren't you going after those men who malign you, antimisandrists? I hear and have heard men, often, call one another many demeaning names, gender specific ones, that allude to the fact we know what we men do, to women, to children, and to one another because we have to prove we are "real men" or to regain status lost in other arenas, such as economically or racially.

I am opposed, for example, to men calling men who are abusers terms like "monsters". Men are human, even if we have behaved or behave horrendously and atrociously to other humans. Ted Bundy was a human being. So was Adolph Hitler. To think they weren't is to not understand the depth and breadth of what being human can mean, in practice.

I disagree with comment 8 of 10, at the site linked to above, linked again here. That comments reads: "Ofcourse men get Hurt. They don't show it though, they should though".

I understand that commenter to be saying men don't express our hurt (but ought to) in non-aggressive, non-violent statements such as by saying "I'm hurt" or "When you did that, it hurt me very much." I hear her wishing men did just that. JUST and ONLY that.

What men (not ALL men) DO instead, is smash women in the face, throw them across the room, break their bones, stab them, punch them in their pregnant bellies, murder them, rent women as prostitutes and abuse and kill them, denigrate, humiliate and degrade them, and, all the while, blame "women" for one bad relationship with a woman. What men do instead is join groups like "antimisandry.com" devoted to promoting ridiculously false ideas about feminism and feminists, all the while pretending Western white male supremacy, domination, and cultural-economic imperialism isn't a real force aggressively and callously destroying women of all ethnicities, men of color, many children, and the Earth and its other creatures.

The Western white male-dominated world I've lived in my whole life does systematic sexualised violence (read: harm and hurt) to all groups of women and to men of color--because they are women and men of color. Women, nowhere, do systematic, sexualised, violent harm to men of their same ethnicity or race or economic class. And no group of women harms white men, systemically, structurally, and endemically.

I hope that the predominantly pale male human beings over at antimisandry.com will move themselves more into reality, so that they might better attend to their own wounds humanely, without inflicting injuries on women and the Women's Movement that has been working for a long time for women's (and men's) human liberation from white male supremacy.

3 comments:

  1. I am an admin over at AntiMisandry.com. Are there any questions you would like to ask, rather than just making deductions? I extend my hand to you; please ask away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John Dias.

    I have asked questions over at antimisandry.com, and they were not only not answered, but were ridiculously avoided in order to go on with the antimisandrist mantra of putting down women, feminists, and feminism. (That's not an answer in my book.)

    So, I will copy and paste the questions I asked over to your site, and I welcome you to sincerely answer them here at this site [see below for details on where], without avoidance strategies, or other forms of bullshit.

    I appreciate the extension of your hand. You seem to be the only man over there willing to do that. When I extended mine over at your place, through a posted comment, all that occurred was avoidance in various boring forms. I am not in the least bit impressed with the caliber or quality of content at your place. It strikes me as a series of rants, which of course y'all are entitled to do, but not without someone or many people challenging it for being truthless.

    As for where to post your reply to my questions, see the first post made today, on 19 Nov. 2008, which is where the copied and pasted q's appear. Assuming your reply is respectful, and is earnestly responsive to the questions I raised, I will post your reply/answers. If you are not able to respond thoughtfully and respectfully, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nov. 22, 2008 UPDATE: no further comments from anyone from antimisandry.com or any other Fathers' Rights or Men's Rights activist will be posted here.

    I am working toward this blog being a place where one doesn't have to encounter misogynists.

    ReplyDelete